Management buy-out of North Somerset recruitment firm
- Credit: Abatec
Bosses at a recruitment company in Weston have carried out a management buy-out of the firm.
Managing director Richard Buchanan has been joined by fellow director, Rob Dyer who both led the deal and acquired 100 per cent shareholding of the business.
Abatec Recruitment, in Oldmixon Crescent, was established more than 30 years ago and has grown to a £10milliom business which supports its customers with temporary, permanent and contract staff, supplying the construction and engineering markets.
Weston MP, John Penrose, met with the owners outside Abatec House to congratulate them.
Richard Buchanan said: “I’m thrilled that after such an uncertain year we were in a position to proceed and buy the business. We have an excellent management team in place who will ensure we deliver for our customers.”
Rob added: “We are proud to take ownership of such a well-known local business, we have both worked for Abatec in excess of 15 years and this is an excellent opportunity for us.”
- 1 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 2 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 3 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 4 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 5 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Blue plaque installed for famous actress
- 8 Customers urged to support local pubs, restaurants and cafes to boost hospitality sector
- 9 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 10 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to