- Credit: Archant
A WESTON fast food store celebrated a raft of refurbishments and an expansion.
McDonald’s, off Winterstoke Road and Herluin Way, has increased its seating capacity, expanded the drive-through service and made a host of revamps to the store as well as the staff areas and kitchen.
Weston Mayor Keith Morris cut the ribbon while McDonald’s-sponsored Hutton FC girls under-12s team joined the celebrations at the official relaunch.
Owner Tim Lamb, who now runs every chain of the American food outlet in North Somerset, said: “With nearly 350 employees, with a 90 or so based at this restaurant, we are one of the biggest employers in the county.
“The restaurant already does over half a million transactions a year, so well in excess of a million customers.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope the changes we have made will equip us for what I know will be great growth in Weston in the years ahead.”
- 1 New card and gift shop to open in Weston retail park
- 2 50 staff isolating after Covid outbreak at Weston pub
- 3 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 4 From Hornets RFC to England: The rise of Curtis Langdon
- 5 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 6 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 9 New parliamentary boundaries will be 'more democratic', says Weston MP
- 10 Elton John to perform in Bristol next year