Metal enthusiast launches new magazine
- Credit: Archant
A METAL and rock enthusiast from Weston has launched his own online magazine for the delectation of fellow headbangers across the South West.
Troy Hares’ Metal Mash mag features news and gig listings for acts ranging from behemoths such as Black Sabbath and AC/DC to local bands.
The 20-year-old May Gurney binman, from Newbourne Road, said: “The main reason I started the magazine was so that people in the South West could know about metal and rock, and about local bands.”
The free magazine, which is now on its second issue, features news from around the world of rock and metal, new releases, competitions, brain-teasers, features on up-and-coming acts, and listings for local venues.
Troy explained that he has had a passion for music since a young age: “I’ve been into rock and metal ever since I was very young.
You may also want to watch:
“My mum brought me up on Guns ‘n’ Roses and Def Leppard, while my dad brought me up on Led Zeppelin and Iron Maiden, so I’ve always had an interest.
“I came up with the idea when I was watching a local band and I noticed that the crowd was quite a good size but I thought if I could make a magazine and promote local bands then that might get even more people to future gigs.
- 1 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 2 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 3 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 4 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 5 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 6 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 7 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 8 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 9 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 10 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
“The sky’s the limit with it really, we’ll just see what happens.”