Michelin guide mention for The Oak House restaurant
A RESTAURANT is set to be included in the prestigious Michelin guide from next month.
The Oak House in Axbridge will be recognised in the annually published book of top eateries.
The restaurant and hotel was bought by its current owner in 2008 and brought in new head chef Newstead Sayer a year later.
His most popular dish, parmesan crusted scollops, has been on the menu ever since.
Staff will not know if they have been awarded a much-coveted Michelin Star until the guide is published in October.
You may also want to watch:
Managing director Hannah Brown said: “Hopefully it will put a bit of a marker on the map for The Oak House, it’s very nice to get recognised.
“It is a great achievement for Axbridge, it is small compared to places like Cheddar and Weston and hopefully it can help put the town on the map as well.”
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 5 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 10 Customers urged to support local pubs, restaurants and cafes to boost hospitality sector