Michelin guide mention for The Oak House restaurant
A RESTAURANT is set to be included in the prestigious Michelin guide from next month.
The Oak House in Axbridge will be recognised in the annually published book of top eateries.
The restaurant and hotel was bought by its current owner in 2008 and brought in new head chef Newstead Sayer a year later.
His most popular dish, parmesan crusted scollops, has been on the menu ever since.
Staff will not know if they have been awarded a much-coveted Michelin Star until the guide is published in October.
You may also want to watch:
Managing director Hannah Brown said: “Hopefully it will put a bit of a marker on the map for The Oak House, it’s very nice to get recognised.
“It is a great achievement for Axbridge, it is small compared to places like Cheddar and Weston and hopefully it can help put the town on the map as well.”
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 3 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 4 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 5 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 9 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 10 Former pupils become teachers