Business celebrates 30-year anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A horticultural business which has raised prize-winning plants for the most prestigious of flower shows is celebrating three decades of trading this month.
Congresbury’s Middlecombe Nursery, in Wrington Road, is toasting its 30th anniversary.
The business, which was opened by husband and wife duo Nigel and Isy North in 1988, grows and sells a wide range of flowers, shrubs and trees and has built an impressive reputation over the years.
The nursery employs more than a dozen staff, and four generations of the North family live and work at the nursery.
Plants raised at the nursery have gone on to be used in prize-winning exhibits at the prestigious Chelsea, Hampton Court and Malvern flower shows.
You may also want to watch:
Nigel also enjoyed a 20-year stint on BBC Radio Bristol, holding a regular spot on Trevor Fry’s Sunday morning show where he shared his gardening wisdom with listeners.
- 1 Canadian coffee and doughnut specialist has diner plans approved
- 2 Weston gymnast, 15, makes GB history
- 3 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 4 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 5 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
- 8 Pretty character cottage in rural village
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing