Business celebrates 30-year anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A horticultural business which has raised prize-winning plants for the most prestigious of flower shows is celebrating three decades of trading this month.
Congresbury’s Middlecombe Nursery, in Wrington Road, is toasting its 30th anniversary.
The business, which was opened by husband and wife duo Nigel and Isy North in 1988, grows and sells a wide range of flowers, shrubs and trees and has built an impressive reputation over the years.
The nursery employs more than a dozen staff, and four generations of the North family live and work at the nursery.
Plants raised at the nursery have gone on to be used in prize-winning exhibits at the prestigious Chelsea, Hampton Court and Malvern flower shows.
You may also want to watch:
Nigel also enjoyed a 20-year stint on BBC Radio Bristol, holding a regular spot on Trevor Fry’s Sunday morning show where he shared his gardening wisdom with listeners.
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 3 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 4 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 5 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 9 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 10 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards