Mixed reaction to new Frankie and Benny’s
THE new Frankie and Benny’s restaurant has received a mixed reaction from people and businesses.
The Mercury earlier this year reported that the Italian-American diner was earmarked as a potential new business for the Dolphin Square redevelopment.
A spokesman for McLaren Life, who is in charge of the Dolphin Square project, said he believed the new complex would be of benefit to the town – rather than a hindrance as North Somerset Council stated.
He said: “It’s not going to have an effect on Dolphin Square at this stage. I think any new brands coming to Weston as a good thing for the town.”
But many people have contacted the Mercury through our Facebook and Twitter sites to register their displeasure that out-of-town businesses were flourishing, seemingly at the expense of the town centre.
You may also want to watch:
Susan Bishop said the council needs to improve parking facilities to make the town centre more attractive to new business projects.
Fellow reader Melody Cox agreed and said: “It should be in town. All that’s opening in town now are pound shops - yeah that’s going to entice people to go to town! Next we will have a 97p shop open!”
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 8 Planking your way to better health
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced