MP James Heappey calls for people to ‘support local business’
- Credit: SUB
An MP is calling for people to ‘swap the internet for the high street’ as Small Business Saturday approaches.
The annual event – organised by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy – will take place on Saturday to promote small businesses.
MP James Heappey travelled to Cheddar to meet the owner of Cobbs of Cheddar Butchers, Adrian Lloyd Cobbs, to find out more about the business.
Mr Cobbs said: “We have gone from strength to strength in the past year and it is great to have support of the community.”
Mr Heappey said the butchers is well supported by the community which helps it to compete against big chains.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “We are fortunate to have so many businesses and so I hope people will use Small Business Saturday as an opportunity to swap the internet for the high street.
- 1 New card and gift shop to open in Weston retail park
- 2 50 staff isolating after Covid outbreak at Weston pub
- 3 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 4 From Hornets RFC to England: The rise of Curtis Langdon
- 5 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 6 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 9 New parliamentary boundaries will be 'more democratic', says Weston MP
- 10 Elton John to perform in Bristol next year