MP opens new auto centre
- Credit: Archant
A FAMILY-OWNED business has opened up a brand new auto centre as it looks to expand its services in Weston.
Carbase, which has other garages in Brent Knoll and Lympsham, has spent thousands of pounds converting a former storage unit into a better environment for its customers.
Gordon Veale, general manager, said: “Ten years ago we had three employees including the owner with about 30 cars.
“Today there are 60 employees with potentially 600 cars and we are growing all the time. It’s a real success story.”
It is a tale which is getting better all the time with an additional six people being hired as a result of the new auto centre.
You may also want to watch:
It offers everything from MoT testing and services to engine diagnostics and repairs.
Carbase – a recent Autotrader award winner – has also been selected as a preferred partner by the RAC with the new centre helping with that deal.
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Weston AFC unveil more Optima Stadium development plans
- 3 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 4 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 Voice your views on roads, footpaths and cycling routes in North Somerset
- 7 Green candidate announced for village ward in by-election
- 8 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 9 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 10 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
Mr Veale added: “At Carbase we are delighted to be partners with the RAC and that it recommends Carbase and endorses the high levels to which we prepare our vehicles prior to sale.”
Weston MP John Penrose popped down to Carbase’s Aisecombe Way facilities to officially open them on Friday afternoon. Mr Veale said the new centre meant customers now have a central base for anything car-related.
He added: “While selling great cars is one of our aims we do not want our relationship with our customers to end there but to start there.”