MP opens new car repair centre for school friends
A PAIR of savvy Weston men are the driving force behind a new car repair garage in the town.
Alex Browne, aged 25, and pal Lee Firth, aged 24, have opened LA Autos in Langford Road.
Weston’s MP and Tourism Minister, John Penrose, officially opened the new business at a special ceremony last week.
Alex, who has a full NVQ three in motor mechanics, has been fully qualified for nine years including his apprenticeship and has also taught NVQ one at a pupil referral unit in Bridgwater.
Both Alex and Lee attended Worle Community School and Lee will be running the office side of the business.
You may also want to watch:
Alex, of Eastfield Park, said: “John Penrose was very impressed with our get up and go attitude to life, and said we could do with another 20 new businesses in Weston like this.”
LA Autos does all types of repairs, tyre fitting and puncture repair and also has a vehicle diagnostic machine which can be used at the garage or remotely.
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 3 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 6 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 7 Spot the scarecrows around Kewstoke and Sand Bay
- 8 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 9 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 10 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?