MP praises Royal Mail
- Credit: Archant
DOING the rounds is part of a MP’s job and Weston’s representative in Parliament has been doing it quite literally recently.
John Penrose MP joined Weston postman Steve Jones for the morning to see how changes to the Royal Mail are taking shape.
The main change customers will see in the coming weeks is a new-look enquiry office in Warne Road.
Dan Riddle, Royal Mail local delivery office manager, said: “The visit gave us the opportunity to show John how we are modernising and transforming the business.
“We are investing in new sorting and delivery equipment, as we respond to the changing nature of the modern postbag.
You may also want to watch:
“We are delivering more parcels and fewer letters than ever before and the tools for the job need to reflect that.”
Mr Penrose, who years ago used to work as a postman around Christmas time, said: “We’re all so used to getting our daily postal delivery that it’s sometimes easy to forget the huge organisation that underpins it, as well as the dedication and hard work of all the posties who make it all happen.”
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 6 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 7 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 8 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 9 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 10 5 things to do in North Somerset this weekend