Names for Dolphin Square streets chosen
- Credit: Archant
Two streets inside the Dolphin Square development in Weston-super-Mare have been named.
The multi-million-pound Dolphin Square complex will have a Cineworld cinema, an Anytime Fitness gym, indoor climbing centre and restaurants.
Construction began in November 2015 after several years of delays.
North Somerset Council needed to name two new streets inside the development area.
The authority has decided the area linking Oxford Street and Carlton Street will be called Central Walk, after the old Central Cinema which was in Oxford Street.
You may also want to watch:
A square outside Emmanuel Church will be called Church Square.
Dolphin Square is expected to open in August.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 3 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 4 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 5 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 6 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 7 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 8 Region's youth offending service praised by inspectors
- 9 Mass rollout of Oxford vaccine begins in North Somerset
- 10 Family fundraising to create care packages for NHS nursing staff looking after their daughter