National chain could move to new High Street spot
- Credit: Archant
Greggs will move from its current location to the site of the former Game store opposite if its planning application is approved.
The lease on the current site is running out and the chain wants to take the opportunity to expand the size of the shop.
If the firm’s plan is approved the shop would move to the site of the Game store which closed in March last year.
The neighbouring Gamestation store was then rebranded as Game in December.
In the application, Greggs sets out plans to install a new aluminium shopfront, roller shutter, fascia and projection signs on the front, and air conditioning condensers and extract grille to the rear.
You may also want to watch:
A Greggs spokesperson said: “We’re looking to relocate our existing shop on the High Street as the lease is due to expire and relocating would provide us with the opportunity to improve the shop layout for our customers, whilst remaining in the same location for their convenience.
“If we do relocate, all our retail team members would move to the new site. At this stage, however, we’re awaiting the outcome of the planning application and therefore it isn’t possible to confirm a definite move.”
- 1 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 2 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 3 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 4 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 9 Freedom Day: North Somerset responds to lockdown easing delay
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
The move is not expected to affect the chain’s Regent Street branch.
North Somerset Council is set to make a decision by February 11.