New entertainment business to cater for parties
- Credit: Archant
A children’s entertainer has set up a new business to enable people to book wedding singers, magicians and entertainers for special events across North Somerset.
Damian Patton comes from a family of entertainers – his dad Brian Patton is one half of the Patton Brothers and his uncles are kids TV favourites the Chuckle Brothers – and he is now following in their clown-sized footsteps.
Damian, aged 29, is part of a double act with Tom Rolfe and the Double Trouble duo are currently playing the ugly sisters in the Cinderella pantomime alongside X Factor finalist Ray Quinn.
The talented performer has also set up Entertainers4u in Weston-super-Mare with his wife Eliza Jade.
He said: “We’ve already got a lot of children’s entertainers, bands, wedding singers and magicians. We hope to eventually have all sorts of acts on our books.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve been an entertainer for nine years now. I do magic shows, party dances, mini discos, puppets and balloon modelling. I also run circus workshops round the schools.”
As a child, Damian used to tour with his father, and fondly remembers visiting Weston and other seaside resorts.
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 3 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 4 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 8 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 9 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 10 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
He said: “I grew up with my dad touring. He was always around the country doing shows.
“I used to watch him from the side of the stage and he came to seaside towns like Weston.
“From watching him, it got me interested and I wanted to be like him.
“All my family are in double acts. I then created my own double act five years ago.
“We do the same kind of work now and travel up and down the country. I really enjoy it.”
Damian’s dad previously performed at The Playhouse and Damian is hoping he’ll also tread the venue’s boards in the future.
He has now launched his new business and is hoping to sign more acts in the future.
He said: “I have set up Entertainers4u to book out entertainers for all types of events, from children’s entertainers to wedding singers.
“Entertainers4u booked out Double Trouble for shows, holiday parks, fun days, as well as all other types of entertainers.
“We already have over 50 entertainers on our books and are ready for the Christmas season.”
To find out more, visit www.entertainers4u.com