New £500k ‘discovery barn’ for Puxton Park
- Credit: Archant
An adventure park on the outskirts of Weston-super-Mare has announced the start of a new £500,000 project.
Puxton Park, in Hewish, has committed the cash for an Animal Adventures Discovery Barn, as it expands to meet rising customer numbers.
The park, which boasted a record number of visitors last year, continues to grow, with work beginning on the barn last week.
The development, taking up 30,000 sq ft, has been designed in the style of a 300-seater amphitheatre, with an animal ‘pamper parlour’ where animals will be housed and a heated education room for visitors.
Puxton Park will also be hosting ‘up close and personal’ animal experiences, giving visitors a chance to interact with the animals and enjoy learning about them by holding and feeding them.
You may also want to watch:
Park owner and managing director Alistair Mead said: “We have been planning this building for many years. With the terrible weather the country keeps getting we need more undercover areas so that our customers can experience a great day out all year round.
“With our building commencing last week, we are all very excited for the opportunities that are about to be showcased, establishing Puxton Park as a leading all-year attraction for all the family.”
- 1 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 2 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 3 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 4 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 5 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 6 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Scores enjoy village scarecrow trail based on TV characters
- 9 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 10 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation