New business for mum
A MOTHER-OF-FOUR says it is a ‘dream come true’ that she has turned her hobby into a business.
Samantha Tyers has just opened Simply Gorgeous in Manor Court, Locking.
The 39-year-old, who lives in Wolvershill Road, Banwell, says she ‘breathes life into people’s discarded furniture’ by restoring it and painting it.
She also sells gifts and lamps, along with cushions that she has made and vintage crockery.
Samantha, who was a stay-at-home mum for 11 years before opening the business, said: “I’d been painting furniture and making things at home for years, then I started selling them on eBay and supplying a shop in Wincanton.
You may also want to watch:
“But the landlord of the shop in Locking gave me a good opportunity and I turned my hobby into a business.
“It’s a dream come true, but I couldn’t have done it without my supportive friends and family.”
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 6 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 7 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 8 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 9 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 10 5 things to do in North Somerset this weekend
Samantha also sells items from other people who want to display their handmade products and other suitable items.