New business to give back to the community
- Credit: Archant
TWO Winscombe traders have decided to kick start their business by giving back to the community.
Business partners Ian Walton (pictured right), aged 34, and James Tudor, aged 51, have just opened a land and estate agency, named Tudor Walton.
The shop in the village centre will open in January, but the pair has already started trading on well-known housing websites.
In order to give back to the community, they are going to donate commission from its mortgage service to charities in the area.
Each completed mortgage can range from £100-750, all of which will go straight to a good cause.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Walton is asking charities in need of funding to step forward and claim some of the support on offer.
He said: “We have both worked for other estate agents, where the emphasis is often on trying to sell additional products and services to the customers, such as mortgage and insurance products.
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 5 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 6 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 7 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 8 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 9 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 10 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
“This is a good source of income, but unfortunately now there is far too much emphasis on it at some of the larger agents.
“So, although we do have our own in-house mortgage advisor, we won’t be trying to push these mortgages for our own gain. If a customer does choose one of our mortgages, then we will donate the commission we receive to the customers’ favourite charity or good cause.”
“We just feel that it is nice to give something back, and we know there are plenty of community groups in need of funding, especially at this time of year.”
Charities, schools and other organisations can contact info@TudorWalton.co.uk