New company to run Weston’s radio station
A COMPANY that has produced the likes of smash-hit movie Slumdog Millionaire will run Weston’s radio station.
The Breeze, which is part of the Celador radio group, has taken over the licence in place of Nova Radio.
The Celador group was involved in television originally, making series Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and film Slumdog Millionaire.
It has 18 radio stations now in the south of the United Kingdom under the brands Breeze and Jack.
Group creative director Richard Johnson said: “We’ve got exciting things happening and we are in it for the long haul.
You may also want to watch:
“As a group we are going against the tide in that we believe there is value in keeping local.”
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 3 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 6 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 7 Spot the scarecrows around Kewstoke and Sand Bay
- 8 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 9 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 10 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?