New creative hub set to launch in Weston’s Heritage building
- Credit: Archant
A new creative hub for Weston-super-Mare’s professional arts community is now just weeks away from opening – and a pre-launch event today (Thursday) is designed to add to the growing list of people looking to get involved.
The Stable will open in the Heritage building in Wadham Street later this summer, offering a co-working space for people across the creative spectrum, from artists to web designers.
Although work is still taking place to kit out the building ready for its launch, newly-appointed manager Kerry O’Neill has scheduled an informative social evening at The Heritage café this evening to outline what will be on offer.
Kerry wants The Stable to become home to the town’s creative, tech and digital freelancers, start-up enterprises and established small businesses.
She said: “The Stable will be a collaborative and social shared working space, with meeting rooms and private offices too.
You may also want to watch:
“Freelancers tired of working at home can pop in for ad-hoc days; start-ups might take up a few permanent desks in a larger shared room on a monthly basis; and growing business might prefer one of our private offices at great value monthly or annual rates.”
Early interest has seen a number of small firms or solo operators signal their interest in becoming part of the new community.
- 1 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 2 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 3 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 4 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 9 Freedom Day: North Somerset responds to lockdown easing delay
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
Paula Luke, director of The-Marketing-Department, said: “This creative hub is an exciting development for Weston. It’s come at a time when there is real buzz about growth and development in the town.
“It will offer a great opportunity to meet like-minded people and share ideas and, most excitingly, it offers the promise of a new work environment, away from the same four walls of my home office.”
And Weston artist Sam Walsh said: “I’m hoping Weston can grow and develop as an artistic area and that the hub will bring the town’s talent together. I’d like to use the hub for exhibition space, to maybe collaborate with others and to build my network.”
The pre-launch event will run from 6-8pm. Tickets are free but must be reserved using website Eventbrite: search ‘New Creative Hub Social Meet’.