New dementia care home opens
A NEW dementia care home which will open this week in Weston is expected to create 20 jobs.
Fig House, in Cecil Road, will offer nursing, residential, respite and day care.
The centre will feature secure gardens which are accessible to home residents, and locally-produced food.
Its management team and staff will also be on hand to offer help and guidance to both sufferers of dementia and their families.
Owner Charlie Larkin said: “When we set up our first specialist dementia care service in 2001 our aim was to provide good quality care and achieve an improved quality of life for all residents, whilst retaining as much of their independence as was practically possible.
You may also want to watch:
“We have learnt to understand the difficulty that many families face when considering the future care of a loved one, often moving them from their own home, possibly in crisis into a care setting.”
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 6 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 7 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 8 Tuk-tuks to provide tourist information service in Weston
- 9 Hornets and Weston excited by 2021-22 season fixtures release
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced