New firm aims to beat recession
AN EXPERIENCED finance expert is ‘excited and nervous’ after opening a new business this week, designed to help people cope with the recession.
Sam Hawkins, aged 37, has set up her own insolvency practice in Wrington after working for some of world’s leading financial firms over the past eight years.
The licensed firm, called Hawkins and Company, is based in Havyat Business Park and opened on Monday.
It will offer advice and support to those in financial difficulty. A second office is also being set up in Bridgend.
Ms Hawkins, who was recognised as a rising star in the industry last year, said: “I have set it up by myself and will try to assist people with their debt problems, not just for the individuals involved but businesses who are finding the recession difficult.”
You may also want to watch:
The 37-year-old, who has lived in Redhill for the past six years, said there are few better feelings than helping someone who has hit rock bottom.
She said: “It is a very human job. I meet people in very difficult situations and I take great pride in helping them and giving them a light at the end of the tunnel.”
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 3 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 6 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 9 Spot the scarecrows around Kewstoke and Sand Bay
- 10 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset