New gym launched for weight training
- Credit: Archant
A NEW gym with specialist equipment aimed at bodybuilding and weight training has opened in Weston.
Sups Gym caters for competitive athletes, specialising in powerlifting for men and women.
As well as weights and traditional gym equipment, the training facility also features a conditioning room – the first of its kind in the area.
Manager Simon Porter said: “We opened about a month ago and have been going strong since.
“We are bringing a new type of training, rather than usual – we are by far the most equipped gym for weights in the area.
You may also want to watch:
“If you are after rows and rows of treadmills – that’s not us. We focus on strength, speed and agility.
“Some people, especially women, can be nervous walking into a commercial gym, but we have made it as friendly as possible.” Unlike many gyms, Sups Gym is non-contract. The centre is based in Westlake Distribution Park off Winterstoke Road.
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 3 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 4 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 5 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 8 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 9 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
- 10 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores