New hearing centre opens its doors
- Credit: Archant
A hearing centre with bases across the world has opened its doors in Weston – by popular demand.
Amplifon, which operates in more than 20 countries, helps people who have hearing issues to best solve their problems through a range of hearing aids, and has opened at Dental Spa 25 in Boulevard.
Christopher Sutcliffe, hearing aid audiologist at the newly-opened centre, told the Mercury the move had come about following requests from the company’s patients who were looking for something closer to home than its existing sites.
He said: “We operate in more than 20 countries around the world and all over the UK, but we have quite a few clients in Weston and have had requests from them for some time to open something here to offer a service specifically to the residents of the town, so this centre is really customer-driven.
“The level of expertise that’s supplied by us and the aftercare is second to none, and that’s been built up over time by our experiences throughout the company.
You may also want to watch:
“We have always prided ourselves on looking after our customers to the highest level, and that’s no different in Weston.
“There’s a wide range of solutions which are available for customers so we can accommodate anyone’s budget.
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 3 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 6 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 7 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 8 Doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 9 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
- 10 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
“The actual hearing system is really thorough, with a free test and no obligation to buy anything after that.
“People are really aware of where their hearing is at when we’ve finished our assessment and I think it gives them peace of mind to know that.”