New karting school on pier
THE owners of Weston’s Grand Pier are launching a junior karting school.
Children aged eight to 15 who enrol will be taken through beginner, intermediate and advanced driver training.
Lessons can now be booked on either Saturday or Sunday mornings from 9.30-10.30am.
Each child will be issued with their own driving licence, which charts their progression through the school and includes ‘endorsements’ for bad driving. They will be trained in safety, control and race technique.
The racing school will also be staging its own championship held over a series of rounds for drivers who have completed the advanced training course.
You may also want to watch:
It will be launched on February 5 and the price is �25 per lesson or courses of three lessons can be purchased for �60. For more details log on to www.grandpierkarting.co.uk
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences