New karting school on pier
THE owners of Weston’s Grand Pier are launching a junior karting school.
Children aged eight to 15 who enrol will be taken through beginner, intermediate and advanced driver training.
Lessons can now be booked on either Saturday or Sunday mornings from 9.30-10.30am.
Each child will be issued with their own driving licence, which charts their progression through the school and includes ‘endorsements’ for bad driving. They will be trained in safety, control and race technique.
The racing school will also be staging its own championship held over a series of rounds for drivers who have completed the advanced training course.
You may also want to watch:
It will be launched on February 5 and the price is �25 per lesson or courses of three lessons can be purchased for �60. For more details log on to www.grandpierkarting.co.uk
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 3 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 4 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 5 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 6 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 7 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 8 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 9 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 10 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal