New karting school on pier
THE owners of Weston’s Grand Pier are launching a junior karting school.
Children aged eight to 15 who enrol will be taken through beginner, intermediate and advanced driver training.
Lessons can now be booked on either Saturday or Sunday mornings from 9.30-10.30am.
Each child will be issued with their own driving licence, which charts their progression through the school and includes ‘endorsements’ for bad driving. They will be trained in safety, control and race technique.
The racing school will also be staging its own championship held over a series of rounds for drivers who have completed the advanced training course.
You may also want to watch:
It will be launched on February 5 and the price is �25 per lesson or courses of three lessons can be purchased for �60. For more details log on to www.grandpierkarting.co.uk
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 3 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 4 Weston AFC unveil more Optima Stadium development plans
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 7 Voice your views on roads, footpaths and cycling routes in North Somerset
- 8 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 9 Green candidate announced for village ward in by-election