New leader needed for Weston business group
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Key roles in one of Weston-super-Mare’s leading business organisations are up for grabs at the body’s annual meeting.
Weston Chamber of Commerce will make eight committee appointments in June, which could be filled by newcomers or a reshuffle of some past members.
However, three positions – president, membership secretary and public relations officer – out of the eight-strong committee are currently vacant.
A spokesman said: “The current committee are happy to stand for re-election but we are flexible to swap around if anyone has a specific role they are interested in but which is already filled.”
The leading role of president is empty after Steve Anderson stepped down, but plays a key role in shaping the chamber’s direction and strategy.
You may also want to watch:
Whoever is appointed will be expected to chair meetings, link the chamber with other commercial and public sector bodies, and be a public face of the group by serving as the chamber’s press spokesman and figurehead at Weston events.
- 1 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 2 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 3 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 4 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 5 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 6 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 7 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 8 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 9 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 10 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston