New nightclub to open for over-21s in Weston-super-Mare
- Credit: Archant
Weston is set to welcome a new nightclub for over-21s this New Year’s Eve, with the owners hoping to provide the town with ‘something different’.
Legends, in Beach Road, will launch for 2017 under the ownership of Theresa and Anthony Ormsby, with Ryan Butcher on board as a partner.
The two already own Skinny’s Bar and Venue, in Richmond Street, and Theresa told the Mercury she is hoping to provide people with somewhere else to enjoy a night out.
She said: “This is about giving the people of Weston something a little bit different.
“We can offer something that no-one else can. This all came about with that in mind and we obviously already have Skinny’s so it can only be a positive.
You may also want to watch:
“Before the launch on New Year’s Eve, we are going to be inviting local businesses in to see what we are about.”
There will also be a restaurant in the venue for use during the day, which will open in April.
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 3 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 4 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 8 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 9 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
Until then, the club will be open Friday and Saturday nights, with the owners planning to introduce Thursday night opening later in the year.
Theresa said: “We are still confirming things with the restaurant but it will be open in April time.
“This is offering an alternative for people who want a different kind of night out.
“We want to attract a slightly older crowd and it will not be a quieter night as such but it will certainly be a different experience for people.”
The New Year’s Eve big party at Legends is scheduled to run from 8pm until 8am. For more details of the event, visit Legends’ Facebook page.