New owners take over Worle bakery
- Credit: Eleanor Young
Two friends have taken over a popular bakery in Worle High Street.
Patricia Turner and Jackie Gray are now the proud owners of Astills of Worle.
The pair met while working together at Tesco but both decided they would like to work for themselves.
Patricia said: “We thought ‘why work for someone else when we can work for ourselves?’
“We are very excited. It’s been a long time coming.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve been trying to take it over for about 10 months.
“Everything is staying the same – we’ve got the same bakers and the same staff.
- 1 New card and gift shop to open in Weston retail park
- 2 50 staff isolating after Covid outbreak at Weston pub
- 3 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 4 From Hornets RFC to England: The rise of Curtis Langdon
- 5 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 6 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 9 New parliamentary boundaries will be 'more democratic', says Weston MP
- 10 Elton John to perform in Bristol next year
“A lot of customers have been coming in saying what a pleasure it is to come into the shop and see smiling faces.”
Patricia and Jackie have brought in a few new products, including some Maltese specialities, which have been going down extremely well with their customers.