New Parklands Preschool holds opening event
- Credit: Archant
A new preschool has opened to cater for families living in one of Weston-super-Mare’s newest development.
The people who run the preschool in Locking village have now expanded to set up a preschool at Locking Parklands too.
The Parklands Preschool held an open day to meet families living in the development just ahead of the Easter weekend.
Its new home is inside The Radio Wing, in McCrae Road.
The building is a former chapel which developers St Modwen Homes spent £350,000 renovating to create a community centre.
You may also want to watch:
The centre is fast becoming a community hub and the preschool open day gave families the chance to get into the Easter spirit early by tucking into chocolatey treats after taking part in a hunt for eggs.
The preschool’s staff also staged a series of forest school workshops to help the children learn to enjoy the outdoors.
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 3 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 6 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 9 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 10 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
Parklands Preschool will run sessions from 9am-3.30pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays for children aged two, three and four.