New petrol station and food store to be built off A370 near Weston
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A 24/7 petrol station, café, car wash and food store will be built just off the A370 on the outskirts of Weston after planning permission was secured.
Symonds Forecourts’ will build the facilities off the Airport Roundabout on the A371, near The Landing Light pub.
The overwhelming majority of members on North Somerset Council’s planning committee voted in favour of the scheme on August 9.
Cllr Donald Davies said: “I think it will be great for the gateway to Weston.”
Symonds says the development will create 45 jobs across the site.
You may also want to watch:
In a bid to alleviate concerns over safety, North Somerset Council will insist on drivers turning left into and out of the petrol station, meaning traffic heading towards Locking would have to circumnavigate the roundabout by the Helicopter Museum.
Symonds has not confirmed what coffee shop will be on site, however its plans show Starbucks filling the unit.
- 1 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 2 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 3 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 4 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 5 Weston AFC unveil more Optima Stadium development plans
- 6 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 7 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 8 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 9 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses