New preschool in Mead Vale
- Credit: Archant
Outdoor play, singing and dancing will all be on the cards in Mead Vale this year, after a new preschool opened.
The Play and Learn Preschool has opened at the community centre, in Redwing Drive.
The nursery’s management wants to provide a ‘quality’ service, putting individual children ahead of big class numbers.
The centre’s manager, Julie McCallum, said interest in the nursery has already been good.
She told the Mercury: “We have had a number of children sign up already, which is really good for January because it is part way through the year.”
You may also want to watch:
Julie already runs a Play and Learn Preschool based at Worle Village Primary School and she said there was a ‘real need’ for a preschool in Mead Vale, after one recently closed down.
She said: “We just heard about the room becoming available and went for it, so we have now got the little room at the back of the hall.
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 3 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 6 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 7 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 8 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 9 Spot the scarecrows around Kewstoke and Sand Bay
- 10 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
“We are going to be a small preschool but we are all about quality over quantity.
“We do lots of play activities and lots of crafts and a lot singing and dancing and we have got a really good outdoor area so we are going to have lots of outside space to play with.
“It’s really wonderful to get a premises with an outdoor area.”