New proposal for Post Office store
- Credit: Archant
A TEMPORARY Post Office has been operating in Weston’s Regent Street since 2010, but there are now new plans to create a permanent base just metres away in the hope of meeting the town’s needs.
A public consultation has opened on the plans for the new location, just 75 metres from the current site in Weston.
The currently empty space will be completely refurbished to offer a full range of Post Office services as well as cards, stationery and gifts.
The news comes a year after the closure of the counter in the Boulevard and just weeks after news of a new one starting up in the Spar store in High Street next month.
Regional network manager Julia Marwood said: “We understand how important having a Post Office is to residents in Weston and we are confident this new modern branch (in Regent Street) will meet the needs of the community and secure services for the future.
“The modernisation is part of a major investment programme to convert the Post Office network to new-style branches and this investment, the largest in the history of the Post Office, makes a commitment to no more branch closure programmes.”
You may also want to watch:
The store would be open Monday to Saturday from 9am to 5.30pm and the Post Office is now inviting people to give their views on the plans in a six week public consultation period.
Members of the public can send their comments in writing to Freepost Your Comments, Post Office Ltd, via email to email@example.com or over the phone calling 08457 223344 or by texting 08457 223355.
- 1 RNLI believes return to Birnbeck Island 'the most credible option' for Weston
- 2 Weston town centre to undergo 'facelift' next month
- 3 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 4 Weston woman celebrates 105th birthday
- 5 Parents 'in tears' over Weston school's generous fuel fund
- 6 Weston site to offer more coronavirus tests for people with symptoms
- 7 Housing groups preparing application to build medical centre in village
- 8 Work begins on Weston's £20million broadband investment
- 9 Weston café raising funds to deliver meals to frontline workers
- 10 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations