New ‘quirky’ vintage shop in Weston-super-Mare
- Credit: Archant
A new vintage shop has opened for business in Weston-super-Mare this month.
Magpies, based in Wadham Street, is operated by former-nurse Janet Carson.
She said: “I’ve always had a passion for vintage things in the interior.”
Ms Carson sourced items for the shop in the space of four weeks after hunting for hidden gems at flea markets.
Notable items include ethically-sourced taxidermies of crows, owls and mice, plus upclycled furniture and a range of decorative recreations of human heads.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Carson is keen on reusing old items.
She said: “I think it’s good to be upcycling, getting away from the disposable society we are and getting some individuality. People tend to go for the quirky things.”
- 1 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 2 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 3 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 4 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 5 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 6 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 7 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 8 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 9 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 10 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day