New salon opened with TV gameshow winnings
- Credit: Archant
A TV gameshow winner has used her windfall to invest in a salon in Weston-super-Mare town centre.
Nadia Watson, aged 24, is the proud owner of Lucky Streaks in High Street, which opened on August 1.
Nadia won £25,000 on Channel 4’s Deal Or No Deal in 2013 and was able to realise her dream of owning her own business.
She said: “I was trained at Toni & Guy and then went on to business and technology college and carried on doing qualifications.
“I always wanted to open a hair salon and I went on Deal Or No Deal and got the money to do that.”
There are six fully-qualified hairdressers working at the salon, which offers a full board of treatments.
You may also want to watch:
Nadia said: “We specialise in extensions, although we do everything in hair and beauty.
“We try to keep the salon a calm and relaxing environment, and keep it really retro. We are just a friendly, happy atmosphere and we keep everything at an affordable price.
- 1 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 2 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 3 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 4 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 5 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 6 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 7 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 8 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
- 9 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 10 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
“We don’t just do hair, we do beauty too – nails, facials and spray-tanning – the whole works.”