New shop opens in Winscombe
- Credit: Archant
A NEW luxury goods retailer has opened in Winscombe.
The Country House Gift Company started off small, as owner Elaine Coles ran it from her home in Lympsham more than 12 months ago.
When the former Rocking Chair gift shop premises became vacant in Winscombe, Ms Coles saw the opportunity to sell her selection of gifts and cards for all occasions.
She said: “It seemed like the obvious place to go. We already had a customer base but we are trying to sell British and Fairtrade as much as we can, as well as trying to support local businesses and interesting new British companies.
“It’s nice to try to support them to get the economy going. We sell some really different gift ideas, we want to think outside the box.”
You may also want to watch:
After a total refurbishment, Ms Coles opened her new shop on Woodborough Road last month.
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 6 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 7 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 8 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 9 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 10 5 things to do in North Somerset this weekend