New shops for High Street
- Credit: Archant
TWO new sport shops are due to open in Weston High Street in the coming months..
The former Topshop and Greggs bakery stores, which are next to one another, have been taken on by Tony Pryce Retail Ltd.
The Minehead-based company has begun renovation work and plans to run two businesses from the site.
Planning permission is now being sought to replace the shopfronts as it looks to reopen the site in the next few months.
Beth Giblett, marketing manager for Tony Pryce Retail, said the ground-floor Animal Sport store will open on June 14 with an Intersport shop on the first floor will open in mid-July.
You may also want to watch:
The two units have been searching for a permanent tenant since Greggs moved its bakery to the other side of the street and Topshop vacated its premises last spring.
Animal runs its own store in the Sovereign Centre but its future is not believed to be under threat.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 8 Planking your way to better health
- 9 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 10 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure