Plans for new café in Weston High Street submitted
- Credit: Google
Plans for a new cafe in Weston have been submitted.
The application would see Sunshine Café open at 48 High Street - the former tReds shoe shop.
As well as changing the use of the premises, from retail to a food outlet, the planning application also outlines changes to the property, including the replacement of doors and windows and new signage.
"The property is an assumed late-Victorian or Edwardian property over three floors, and the premises lie within the Weston-super-Mare conservation area," the application says.
It adds: "The premises were recently occupied by a shoe retailer but the new owner has negotiated a tenancy with the applicant, who wishes to run a hot food café.
"He has started the works (mostly internal and thus not relevant to planning) and had applied for the necessary food standards licenses etc."
The whole shop frontage would be 'upgraded' the application says, with new window framing and new doors.
- 1 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
- 2 New coastal path linking Brean to Sand Bay opens
- 3 Fears Weston will be UK 'laughing stock' if See Monster delayed until September
- 4 Weston College to launch new adult courses for free
- 5 North Somerset Council to approve historic bus improvement plan
- 6 Councillor heralds Marine Lake revamp a 'huge success'
- 7 Dual-site primary school rated good by inspectors
- 8 Masonic lodge donates to Weston's RNLI
- 9 Century-old family business opens new storage facility in Worle
- 10 Research reveals which car brands hold their value best
The scheme will now be considered by North Somerset Council.
For more details, and to comment on the application, log on to www.n-somerset.gov.uk, application reference 22/P/1129/FUL.