New veterinary practice opens in North Somerset village
- Credit: Axe Valley Vets
A new veterinary practice offering ‘compassionate’ 24-hour care has opened just outside Weston.
Axe Valley Vets was set up in Wedmore in the 1950s and has since expanded across Somerset, including Cheddar, Blackford and Wells.
Now it has opened its latest practice in Bleadon after it treated more than 10,000 pets last year.
The purpose-designed branch offers a more ‘accessible face’ for clients, after providing consultation from an RSPCA-rented site in Berrow.
The business, located on Purn House Farm, took just under four months to complete and was built with the help of local businesses from Bleadon and Rooksbridge.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “We pride ourselves on our professional yet friendly service, and have a competent and capable team of nine vets strongly supported by qualified (registered) nurses, student nurses and nursing assistants.”
- 1 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 2 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 3 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 4 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 9 Freedom Day: North Somerset responds to lockdown easing delay
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery