New wedding firm offering gorgeous dresses
A WESTON business duo are looking to take the internet by storm with their new, online wedding dress company.
Fiona Lambert and Maria Barrett have launched Gorgeous Girl Weddings (GGW) to provide handmade wedding and prom dresses which would be available online.
Mrs Lambert, a former theatrical costumier and bespoke bridal dress designer whose first job was working in the box office at Wimbledon Theatre, says she is eager to put her skills to use in creating tailor-made dresses.
The company is currently based in Paragon Road, Weston, and offers dresses from the cheapest bronze range, up to the platinum range.
Mrs Lambert met Mrs Barrett, a former student ballet dancer with the Rambert Dance Company, 10 years ago and last year they decided to team up to launch a new venture.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Lambert added: “We decided to launch GGW as we both love beautiful gowns and are passionate about providing a new way for brides and discerning customers to buy bridal and special occasion dresses via an e-commerce business.”
“In the UK there aren’t many online businesses selling dresses for weddings, as people usually tend to go into a shop and see what is there.
- 1 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 2 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 3 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 4 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 5 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 6 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Scores enjoy village scarecrow trail based on TV characters
- 9 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 10 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
“A lot of people nowadays pick dresses to fit themselves from websites, and they are then shipped over from China or other countries.
“For some reason we don’t do that in the UK, so I wanted to offer something where people could pick what size and style they want that’s best for them, it’s made in the UK and then delivered to them.”
As well as offering bridal dresses, the company also offers a range of prom, ball and dress gowns, which can be selected from their ranges or made to order.