Nightclub - Mu brothers pull out
- Credit: Archant
WESTON businessmen Cam and Kiem Mu have backed out of the takeover of a Weston nightspot, the Mercury understands.
The brothers, who run Dragon Kiss in Regent Street, re-opened VII in Beach Road as the Belvedere Bar and Grill and Xquisite nightclub last month.
But the Mercury understands the pair have now decided not to press ahead with their plans to run the new venture.
The seafront building has been rebranded as Belvedere Bar and Grill and Xquisite nightclub and had a grand re-opening before Christmas.
The nightspot was closed as the Mercury went to press, but it is unclear if that is temporary or if its opening hours have been scaled down due to the winter season.
You may also want to watch:
The Mu brothers took over the lease of the Weston building last month, but Nick and Vas Siangolis still own the freehold.
Kiem Mu told the Mercury last month: “We are pleased to be involved in bringing Weston’s night scene back to life, creating many new jobs for local people in these difficult economic times.
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 3 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 6 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 7 Spot the scarecrows around Kewstoke and Sand Bay
- 8 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 9 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 10 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
“We are going to rebrand the entire place, take on a new door staff company, new employees, and trade with a new name. It is a 100 per cent clean break. The previous owner has no involvement in the running of the business whatsoever. At the end of the day we try to deliver to the customers what they want. We have a totally clean slate and are looking forward to welcoming new customers.”
Neither Cam nor Kiem Mu were available for comment this week.