Nursery expands to include preschool
- Credit: Archant
A NURSERY in Weston-super-Mare has undergone a refurbishment, and its owners are now opening a preschool.
Little Angels Preschool Nursery in Orchard Street opened a year ago, with a nursery on the ground floor.
The nursery areas have been refurbished to be both a calming and stimulating area for children to play and learn in.
A two-bedroom upstairs flat has also been converted into a separate new preschool area for three to four-year-olds.
The design has been based on work by Elizabeth Jarman, who helps to create effective learning environments for children.
You may also want to watch:
Little Angels’ graduate leader Natasha King said: “Elizabeth Jarman’s work is all about the environment and how it is like a home from home.
“She uses recycled resources and natural resources like wood.
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Weston AFC unveil more Optima Stadium development plans
- 3 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 4 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 Voice your views on roads, footpaths and cycling routes in North Somerset
- 7 Green candidate announced for village ward in by-election
- 8 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 9 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 10 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
“We have tree trunks and things the children can play and count with.
“It has more of a natural look now so it is not brightly-coloured, but more like a front room.”
An open week is being held at the nursery from Monday to September 14, when potential parents can visit the and take a look around and see the changes.
It will be open from 9am-5pm.
Little Angels’ owner and manager Kelly Jones said: “We are very excited about the changes we have made to the nursery.
“Visitors are always surprised by the amount of space we have here and we would like to be able to show this off to potential parents.
“Our children at the nursery have responded well and have really been enjoying the changes.”
It took a couple of months for the work to be completed.
Natasha added: “It’s a bit like a TARDIS inside as there is so much space.
“It looks like a normal shop from the front, but when you come in, it is a lovely nursery setting.”