Nursery shop secures ‘exclusive’ deal
A WESTON woman has branched out from the barber shop trade to pursue a new nursery shop business.
Kirsty Pomphrey has recently opened The Children Company in the former Weston Flooring and Carpet Centre in Walliscote Road.
The 33-year-old, who used to own the Works barbershop, has also moved her hairdressing business, now re-branded as The Barber Company, next door to the nursery shop.
Kirsty, a mother-of-one, said: “I wanted to do something completely different.
“I have always been in the hairdressing and barber business from school and always wanted to do something in the nursery trade.
You may also want to watch:
“When the old carpet centre shop became available I thought it was the perfect opportunity and decided to put both the barbers and nursery shop in it.”
While Kirsty is busy running The Children Company, her mum Rose runs The Barber Shop.
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 6 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 7 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 8 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 9 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 10 5 things to do in North Somerset this weekend
The nursery store, which sells bedding, toys, cots and pushchairs, is attracting a lot of interest from soon-to-be and new parents.
Kirsty also recently secured select brand icandy to the store.
“icandy has only given out two new accounts in the last two years so I am delighted to be able to sell it,” she added.