Cheddar play centre recognised for two tourism awards
- Credit: Ocean Adventurers
An indoor play centre in Cheddar is celebrating after being recognised for two prestigious awards.
Ocean Adventurers, in Cheddar, were awarded bronze in both the New Tourism Business Award and Resilience and Innovation Award categories at the 2022 Bristol, Bath & Somerset Tourism Awards.
Director of the company, Tom Filer, said they were 'delighted' with the accolades.
"We are so delighted to be the first indoor play site to have ever reached the finals," he said.
"Being shortlisted as a finalist is a testament to the hard work of our teams and the amazing support that our customers have shown over what has been a difficult two years since the pandemic began."
The awards, which are in their sixth year, recognise tourism businesses that have
excelled in a particular area, demonstrated excellence or succeeded against the odds showing resilience and innovation.
The shortlists were compiled after a rigorous selection process, including site visits, interviews and a judging panel of industry experts.
However, this is not the first recognition Ocean Adventurers has received recently.
- 1 Police warn drivers ahead of M5 fuel protests
- 2 Man jailed over theft and fraud at Worle butchers
- 3 Fire in freezer unit at Weston supermarket
- 4 Weston woman wins settlement after police records described her as violent
- 5 'Unavoidable' delays push back pier-to-pier cycle way between Weston and Clevedon
- 6 Garden centre opens GOLF COURSE for shoppers
- 7 Thugs targeted elderly couple's motorhome as they slept during Weston Air Show
- 8 Forest school 'like no other' is helping change the lives of children
- 9 Vegan cafe opens in Grove Park
- 10 Covid cases rise: 1-in-30 estimated to be positive
The company's most recent success came in September, when the company was awarded the Visit England Rose as a Quality Assured Visitor Attraction and Tourist Destination.
They also opened a second play centre - Space Adventurers - in Taunton last summer.