Olympic ticket winner
Olympic ticket winner Harriett Watson
GRABBING Olympic tickets is not a problem for this online-savvy customer.
Harriett Watson from Radcliffe Street in Cheddar has won a pair of tickets to the London 2012 games through a competition with her bank.
Harriett, aged 19 was surfing her Lloyds TSB online account when she entered her name to a competition to win a pair out of 500 tickets.
Having entered, she then forgot about the competition until she got a phone call last Friday from Lloyds telling her she was one of the lucky few.
You may also want to watch:
Harriett was overwhelmed by the news and says she couldn’t believe it.
She said: “I don’t know what event I will be going to, but I do know that I will be going.
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 6 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 7 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 8 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 9 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 10 5 things to do in North Somerset this weekend
“I don’t mind what event I go to, I am just happy to go to the Olympics.
“I am interested in rowing and had applied for tickets myself, but now its great to know I am defiantely going.
“It is probably the only time in my lifetime I will get to see the Olympics.”
Harriett was presented with the winner’s pack on Monday by Cheddar branch manager, Ben Briffitt.
Ben said: “I’m really pleased to see a customer from Cheddar branch win these tickets and have the chance to watch some of the London 2012 action for themselves.
“I hope Harriet has a fantastic time and makes the most of her visit to the games.”