On-the-spot jobs as hundreds hit fair
MORE than 300 people attended a council-organised jobs fair in Burnham – resulting in 29 people agreeing interviews and six being offered jobs on the spot.
Sedgemoor District Council’s recruitment fair took place at the Princess Theatre on Monday, with 125 positions potentially up for grabs.
Would-be employers say 110 applications were received for the available jobs, resulting in nearly 30 fixing up future interviews, and half a dozen being filled on the day.
Exhibitors covered a wide range of fields, with the likes of Avon and Somerset Constabulary, EDF Energy, Papa John’s Pizza, The National Autistic Society, Brean Leisure Park, Brunel Care and Army Careers all represented.
Experts from the National Careers Service were also on hand to give advice to jobseekers on topics such as interview skills and CV preparation.
You may also want to watch:
Advice for people looking to set up their own businesses was also available from Bridgwater College, Somerset Skills and Learning and Somerset Business Agency.
A council spokesman said: “The event was a great success. Feedback from the employers and jobseekers was really good.
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 5 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 6 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 7 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 8 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 9 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 10 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
“Sedgemoor District Council would like to thank all of the organisations, training providers, jobseekers and employers who attended.”