Partnership progress at business event
- Credit: JEREMY LONG
THE advantage of working in a partnership was the key theme behind the annual business breakfast at Weston College.
More than 140 guests, including staff, councillors and representatives from Weston and national businesses attended the event.
Guest speaker Michael Williams, business enterprise manager from Alliance Homes, spoke about the new Team North Somerset initiative.
He said: “It is about forming an outstanding partnership, taking the lead from the college, to help disadvantaged people into employment; it is about giving everybody a chance.”
He said the partnership wants to get 100 people back into employment by the end of 2015.
You may also want to watch:
The other guest speaker was John Westwell, managing partner of Foot Anstey.
He said: “With Weston College, we are just starting an apprenticeship scheme which will be a massive opportunity for the college and us, which will deliver ‘rounded candidates’ with experience.”
- 1 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 2 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 3 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 4 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 5 Weston AFC unveil more Optima Stadium development plans
- 6 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 7 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 8 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 9 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses