PC World and Currys merge in £1million shop revamp
- Credit: Archant
Weston’s PC World and Currys have been merged under one roof, as part of a £1million refurbishment creating 12 new jobs.
PC World has moved into Currys, and re-opened on Friday after the seven-week revamp.
A stand for Carphone Warehouse has also been added to the Winterstoke Road shop.
Team leader Leanne Smith said: “Every inch of it is brand new.
“We got to take on 12 new people, and no-one has lost their job.
You may also want to watch:
“The amount of money the company has ploughed into this is amazing.
“I want to reassure people that we are investing, and I think Weston will turn a corner soon and we will be part of that.
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 6 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 7 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 8 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 9 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 10 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
“Dolphin Square looks great, and it would be nice if BHS turned into a Primark.”
Leanne said the changes mean there is even more stock, so customers can get what they want on the day.
The former PC World store is currently empty, but the Mercury understands a company has shown interest in taking it over.