Restaurant wins people’s favourite award
- Credit: Archant
A Blagdon restaurant has been honoured with a sustainability award from world-renowned chef, Raymond Blanc.
The team at Yeo Valley canteen are delighted to have been chosen as the People's Favourite Restaurant at the Food Made Good Awards, recognising the restaurant's sustainable approach to sourcing and producing food.
The public voted in their thousands for their favourite restaurant from a shortlist of five nominees curated by Delicious magazine and the Sustainable Restaurant Association.
Chef, Paul Collins, food ambassador for Yeo Valley, accepted the award from Raymond Blanc.
Paul said: "For us, it is about supporting British farmers and producers that surround us here in Somerset and who share our values and ethos. What started as a staff canteen is now open to the general public.
You may also want to watch:
"We offer the same menu we give to our staff, at incredible prices with probably the best view of any restaurant in the country."
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Weston AFC unveil more Optima Stadium development plans
- 3 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 4 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 5 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 6 Voice your views on roads, footpaths and cycling routes in North Somerset
- 7 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 8 Green candidate announced for village ward in by-election
- 9 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 10 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?