New pet crematorium for village gets council approval
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A pet crematorium has won planning permission from North Somerset Council, despite neighbours’ fears that it will cause problems in their neighbourhood.
Pet Angels Parlour wants to convert an industrial unit in Yatton for the enterprise, but was met with opposition.
There was concern from residents in Wemberham Lane that the facility may attract rats and lead to bad smells.
However, North Somerset Council has put planning conditions on the crematorium, including ensuring a plan to ‘manage odour’ is produced before it opens.
The incinerator’s use has also been restricted so it can only be used between 9am-6pm on Mondays to Saturdays, excluding bank holidays.
You may also want to watch:
Yatton Parish Council voted to support the planning application, adding it thought it was a ‘niche’ idea.
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 3 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 6 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 7 Father's Day: Children's messages to their dads
- 8 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 9 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 10 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site