Photographer scoops award
- Credit: Archant
A PHOTOGRAPHER from Worle has won a regional award for his work.
Lee Hatherhall’s The Mansion House beat the competition to claim the prestigious British Institute of Professional Photography’s merit award in the wedding category for the South West region.
Lee said he was pleased with the image.
He said: “It’s a bit different. It’s quite a moody and dark photograph. It’s certainly not your typical wedding picture.”
With 21 years of experience Lee has been capturing couples’ big day for the last 7 years and will be photographing a wedding with a royal link at Windsor Castle in August.
You may also want to watch:
In October last year he opened a new studio, Avenue Studio, on Somerdale Avenue, with fellow photographer, Steve Dibben.
He added: “I absolutely love photography, it control’s my life but I admit I don’t like naming my work. When they announced my award I couldn’t remember what I’d called it.”
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 6 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 7 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 8 Tuk-tuks to provide tourist information service in Weston
- 9 Hornets and Weston excited by 2021-22 season fixtures release
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced