Plus-size clothing chain Evans shuts Weston-super-Mare store as lease ends
- Credit: Archant
A women’s fashion shop which traded in Weston-super-Mare’s Sovereign Shopping Centre for many years closed this week when its lease expired.
Plus-size clothing store Evans – which operates under Arcadia Group – closed on December 31, but the door is still open for it to run a store in Weston.
Sovereign Shopping Centre manager Nick Cooke confirmed the shopping centre is in discussions with Evans about the possibility of locating to another unit.
An Evans spokesman said: “We are constantly reviewing our store portfolio across the group, and leases continually expire or come up for renewal.
“We are always looking at how to shape our store portfolio, investing in flagship stores, and increasing our brands’ presence online.
You may also want to watch:
“When leases expire that we do not renew, we endeavour to re-deploy staff affected to another store within the Arcadia Group as much as we can.”
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 8 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 9 Planking your way to better health
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced