Poppy Appeal window display wins funeral director national award
- Credit: Sub
A Worle funeral director has been named the winner of a national Poppy Appeal window display competition.
Nigel Groves Funerals, in High Street, has been given the award for the most creative display by the Golden Charter for its remembrance window in November.
Its display featured a mannequin dressed in military uniform with a large backdrop to raise awareness of the work servicemen and women continue to do.
Nigel Groves, owner of Nigel Groves Funeral Directors, said: “We are delighted to have won the most creative display award.
“Not only did we take great care in creating our own window display, but we encouraged businesses on our street to do the same.
You may also want to watch:
“It was an honour to showcase our support for the Royal British Legion by raising awareness.”
The Golden Charter provides funeral plans, and is working with the Royal British Legion on the awards.
- 1 New card and gift shop to open in Weston retail park
- 2 50 staff isolating after Covid outbreak at Weston pub
- 3 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 4 From Hornets RFC to England: The rise of Curtis Langdon
- 5 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 6 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 9 New parliamentary boundaries will be 'more democratic', says Weston MP
- 10 Elton John to perform in Bristol next year